Monday, June 13, 2011

Recap

Have been absconding after only 2 posts. Not a good sign. Not a good sign at all.

It has been a good week. Wednesday, met ex-boss. Then hung out with ex-colleague over Dominoes' Pizza, waited at a bus stop for half an hour, then spent quality time at "the most wonderful oasis of a park" at Andheri's JB Nagar. We were waiting for another ex-colleague, who incidentally is getting married on 29 November this year. It is an arranged match, but apparently, she and her to-be-husband are completely in love and have been meeting regularly behind their parents backs. Aah! Young love!

The high point of meeting these two was a surprise birthday pastry at a very nice coffee shop (read: not-noisy, nice view, great menu) in Miradore Hotel. The chocolate birthday pastry took me completely by surprise.

For some reason, people like surprising me. This is officially my fourth surprise event and my third birthday surprise. I'm a sucker for such things too.

Here's a photo of my wonderful ex-colleagues with the surprise birthday pastry:

Sadly, this was followed by a Mumbai darshan ride on an auto rickshaw. The jury is still out on whether or not the auto driver was conning me and taking me all around the city.

My pig cake thankfully arrived the next day, in time for our cousin Deep (good name: Shourjya; he calls himself SJ). There was much game playing (the three kids played Game of Life while I worked; sigh, the trauma of adulthood), followed by a CCD trip, dinner, and a lot of Poker (with fake money from the Game of Life. Had it been real cash, I would have been richer by 2,70,000+. Sigh.)

This wonderful day ended with the cake cutting. Here's the cake:


The bakers cheated. It was supposed to be a pig-shaped cake. Not a square cake with a picture of a pig drawn on a sheet of white chocolate. It may be cute and all, but hello, this is NOT a pig-shaped cake. But I'm not one to complain. I blew out the candles, cut it, ate it, liked it. Birthdays should never be complained about.

This marks my fifth year in a row that I have not worked on my birthday. This is a tradition that I plan to continue in the years to come.

Birthdays don't make me sad. At 27, I don't feel old. Hell, I can still pass for a college kid, despite the occasional grey hair.

This year, I plan to go geeky on Existentialism. I may be a natural Existentialist, so I might as well know-it-all by heart before letting the world know of my philosophical leanings.

PS: Watched 2-and-a-half movies this week: (1) Adored "X-Men: First Class" [N.B.: Was an X-Men virgin until this movie.] (2) Liked, but didn't love "Shaitaan" - the song sequences were top-notch though. (3) Couldn't get enough of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", but a faulty Disc 2 put paid to my plans of feeling enriched by the end of the movie. Am still cut up about it :(

PSS: Tomorrow is shopping day. I'm not a fan of shopping. May God help me.

2 comments:

  1. I loooooooooooove the cake!!!! :D
    And I feel very, very old at 23. God please help me. :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tasted awesome too. Though honestly, nothing beats Kolkata's Cakes/Kookie Jar.

    Don't feel so old at 23. Wear heart-shaped shades or something! Get a nursery rhyme cake maybe :P

    ReplyDelete